Batangas is a popular destination for those who want a quick or even extended getaway from the concrete jungle in Manila or nearby cities. The province is well-known for several reasons, some of which include its white sand beaches, turquoise waters, stunning underwater ecosystems and rich history. You’ll also see a number of churches in the provinces some are old while others are relatively new compared to the rest.
When you are in Talisay, Batangas, make sure to include the San Guillermo Parish Church. The church isn’t just a historic building, but also a source of mystery. Some would say that San Guillermo – Talisay’s Patron Saint – performed a miracle when he stopped Taal’s devastating eruption in 1911.
The parish has been around since 1874, but the current church you see was only constructed sometime in the 1970s. The interior is simple yet exudes beauty with statues, religious icons, and stained glass windows.
Mass Schedule and Other Info
For those who want to attend mass here, the schedules are as follows:
- M, T & Th – 6:00 AM
- W, F – 5:00 PM
- Saturday – 7:00 PM
- Sunday & Holidays – 4:30 AM / 6:00 AM / 7:30 AM / 9:00 AM
FIESTA: The fiesta of the church takes place on February 10.
CHURCH WEDDING RATE: The church is also a possible wedding venue. For inquiries about the rates you can contact (043) 773 0052.
How to Get There
- The church is accessible by public transportation from Metro Manila. There are buses departing from Nasugbu Terminal in Buendia bound for Tagaytay. Fare is around P80 and may take up to three hours depending on traffic.
- Tell the driver or conductor you will alight at the terminal where you can board jeeps going to Talisay. The fare from Tagaytay to Talisay is around P50 or less depending on if the jeep is full before leaving.
- The church is within walking distance from the main road.
Attractions Near the Church
- After the church, you have options when it comes to sightseeing. You can head over to Taal Lake for hiking, boating and beautiful views.
- You can also go back to Tagaytay to eat and chill, visit the Sky Ranch, or hang out at the Picnic Grove.